Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow update.

1) School was cancelled for Thurs., so I went to the martini lounge on Wed. for fun, and it was fun, though it was dead and they warned me when I came in that last call would be around 10pm.

Anyhow, this man and woman there at the bar started talking with me, and of course we ended up finally talking about the snow, and though I admitted that they had no place to put it, the sidewalks and streets weren't *that* bad (just a lot of trampled snow, and you'd have to walk over little snowbanks at crosswalks, and there was no place for cars to park, since the parking spaces were full of snow), and that it was kind of cute how all the city folks were acting like it was a lot of snow. The man owned a limo company and had been having 500 rides a day canceled because of air traffic being shut down, and he started saying something again about how it was a lot of snow, and I was like, "Come on, don't be such a pussy!", and we were arguing the point back and forth, and I was surprised at how I was so viscerally attached to it... When he went to the bathroom, his (very drunk) female friend held out my coat for me and kept saying pleasantly, "Go, go now, go go now!", and so while he was in the bathroom I fled.

2) When I microwaved some soup that day and the next - luckily I had made a huge pot of beef barley soup before the snow hit - like 3 minutes into the microwaving I heard this big "boom!", only the 1st time I couldn't figure out what it was...

The 2nd time, I opened the microwave, and there were shreds of meat scattered on the door, sides, and floor of the microwave, and I realized that since for this batch I didn't cut up the stew beef chunks but rather threw them in so I wouldn't get nauseated, that all the moisture inside of them must have not been able to escape the meat piece fast enough as it was heated, and so the beef chunk exploded... I had seen a big chunk on top of the soup when I put it in the microwave, so between that and the shreds of meat all over the microwave's inside, I put two and two together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are not losing money due to snow, and you do not have to shovel snow.