Saturday, February 5, 2011

Another snow update.

It took me 2hrs10min. today to commute in, rather than the usual 55-60min. door-to-door.

The commute in by train was okay - I had to squeeze in on my stop, and there's usually a ton of room!; you could tell people were not driving to work - and there were only a few delays, mostly due to a door malfunction from people trying to jam on.

Then, south of downtown, the train I was on had everyone unload since it was going express to the far south, and the next train (which came along 1-2 minutes later) did the same, though I was able to pick the next one up (though that came along also 1-2 minutes later).

After that, the ride was smooth... Huge snowbanks where I get my bus connection, but the bus came along in like 5 minutes...

And then we got 2 blocks and there was a huge stop-and-go traffic jam along that major artery. It took like 30-35 minutes till we almost got to the huge park, and the busdriver announced that the thoroughfare through the park was closed, so we'd have to go up 4 blocks, over, and then down 4 blocks to resume the route.

At that, I hopped off the bus, and sprinted across cleared paths to campus, since I had only 20min. till my section began.

I made it there with 7min. to spare, so I even got some coffee from the in-building coffee shop.

And, during section, that left me with great one liners, like when someone stopped halfway through a section that I asked them to read outloud.

"Yes, keep going, I didn't jog halfway across campus for you to stop reading there!!!", I was like.

No comments: