Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Woke up with a cold.

So odd -

Though I had stayed out pretty late on Fri. and relatively late on Sat., I relaxed all day on Sun. but nevertheless woke up in the middle of that night being choked by post-nasal drip, so I got up at 3am and went to the restroom and harked back what ultimately turned out to be a disappointingly small bit of dark brown phlegm.

When I lied down again, my throat hurt, so I got up and made some homemade ginger-honey-lemon tea, and then had my last cough drop as I lay down to sleep.

That was enough, though, to make me change my Mon. plans and stay at home all day, and I needed it... When I got up, I thought I was fine, but then when I gargled with salt, I harked up this huge thin piece of dark brown snot that was bigger than a silver dollar and the thickness of a crepe, and super, super slimy (it stuck to the bottom of the sink and wouldn't wash away at first when I turned the faucet on).

I did nap that afternoon, but I was pissed, since I wanted to go into school and ship out an article to a journal for publication.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

always have to remember not to read your blog while eating.