Sunday, February 28, 2010

Conversation with my mother.

1) My mom's nervous about Asian carp invading the Great Lakes, but was reassured when I told her that they would punish jetskiers.

2) My mom's been getting on people with Superbowl and Olympics statistics.

"They tell you that it's the most-watched this and the most-watched that," she was like, "And they get so mad when I tell them that of course it is, the population is growing and they'll be the same thing again in a few years!"

I then pressed her on this, and she was like, "Well, if they can tell me a fact, I challenge them on that fact. People say I'm argumentative, but I don't care."

"Why do you care?", I was like.

"Oh, because they are so full of themselves when they say it, and it's just stupid shit," she was like.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the acorn did not roll to far away from that oak

el blogador said...

I know! I always thought that it was unusual that I liked to punish people, and look, I guess it's genetic.

JUSIPER said...

Do you like to punish people?

el blogador said...

My mom has always pointed out that I like to, ever since I was a kid - but only if they deserve it.

JUSIPER said...

I think that's about right. But they didn't always deserve it when you were younger.