Saturday, January 16, 2010

Italian sausage bread.

The other afternoon I was having coffee and studying at an undergrad-run coffee shop on campus, and I was a little hungry, so I went up to the counter to go buy a pastry or something, and I noticed that they had this thing called "Italian sausage bread" for sale, and when I asked what it was, this girl who was sitting on a barstool right near the register explained to me that it was a new product from the bakery, and was like a big scone, only with pieces of sausage in it, and it was quite good, if I liked savory things, so I decided to buy it.

As I found out, the sausage was more of the "ground beef"-type sausage you get on pizza rather than chopped up bits of the "Polish sausage"-type sausage (I love the latter, hate the former), and not only that, but I felt queasy all afternoon from eating the damn scone thing. It was really big, too, about the size of three packs of playing cards.

No comments: