Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2 black women.

1) The other night on the bus the bus driver was going like 30-35 mph on the expressway (it's an express bus to my neighborhood from downtown). I was standing in the aisle, and this bigger-built (black) lady in a black winter coat and red cap pulled down over her ears looked up from the book she was reading to glance quizically at the highway, and when I saw that, I was like, "The bus driver's going like thirty-five miles an hour."

"Oh," she was like, nodding. "And I was wondering if it was just me."

"Yeah," I know, "Can you believe that?", and I pointed out how he was drifiting in the lane some too, and was probably tired.

"Well," she was like, "We should go pray on him."

At that, I laughed really loud, and was like, "Here I am getting pissy, but you're going to do something about it! I should pick up your strategy", and at that, she laughed, too.

When she got up to leave the bus, I didn't notice (I was tired and zoning a bit), but she caught my attention and was like, "Have a good evening," and I was like, "You have a good evening, too," and then I added, "And a good new year, and a good new decade at well!", and she laughed and was like, "I'll take all those," and got off the bus.

2) At the grocery store, there was a younger (black) cashier, and when she opened up a line, I was the first one there.

"Thanks!", I was like.

"I opened it for you," she was like, affably. "How was your weekend?"

"Great," I was like, "But I got that Keri Hilson song 'Knock You Down' stuck in my head."

"That can happen," she was like, and then she added, "And she pretty, I'd get wit her if I could."

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

!!!

Anonymous said...

This one had a surprise ending.