Thursday, December 10, 2009

A happy thing or 2.

1) When I got my new passport back in the mail, my old invalidated one didn't come with it, and I thought it was lost forever. Fortunately, my previous steeling myself to loss worked, and I didn't feel that sad about it - like Epictetus says, work at smaller losses, and then you'll be good at bigger losses!

Then, the other day, my old passport was returned in a separate mailing. There was a slip of paper in both envelopes when I looked explaining that sometimes the State Dept. does that.

2) I had boughten this watermelon like 2 months ago, but after like 2 or 3 weeks, I hadn't gotten around to cutting it open, so I threw it in the fridge (it had been on my kitchen table).

Then, this weekend, I cut the watermelon open, expecting to find it rotten and throw it out. But, it wasn't! So, now I have a big pot of cut-up watermelon in my fridge.

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Why do they "sometimes" keep the old one?

el blogador said...

You know, I have no idea. Do you think they were checking me out because of my travel destinations?