Monday, November 23, 2009

Went to see a scary movie last week.

I was pretty excited to go see "Paranormal Activity" the other week - I like scary and suspenseful movies, but only if I know that there's no gore involved, which will make me sick. I had asked a friend who had seen it if it was bad, and she said no, and then I asked her straight-up what was the worse thing that happened in the movie, and she said someone was thrown across the room, so I shouldn't be afraid.

So, I went to go see it, and knowing the worse that would happen kind of deflated the movie for me, but it was still nice, though not as scary/freaky as "Blair Witch Project" or "Sixth Sense", so I was a bit disappointed, both by that and by how inconsistent the movie was on demons and possession.

But, when I was going to bed, I swear I heard something in the walls, so to calm myself, I read a chapter or two of John Edward's "One Last Time: A Psychic Medium Speaks to Those We Have Loved and Lost", which happened to be the book I was reading anyway, but was also pretty effective, since it had a much more benign view of the supernatural. It amazes me that all these people can try to contact the dead, and are sure that it's their love ones that are coming through. In a way, it's naive. How do they know?

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Then it's not that scary. The only scary thing about Blair Witch was the last 30 seconds. Sixth Sense was great, though.

JUSIPER said...

I thought most people thought John Edward was a crook. Unlike John Edwards.