Thursday, November 19, 2009

Martinis.

So, the other week I was going to go have $5.50 martinis to celebrate my finishing my comprehensive exams, but people were flaking out all that day, even though they had said they would go when I pitched the idea like a week earlier.

Anyhow, I ran into my one (black) dean that day, and, after congratulating me, she was asking me if I was going to do anything to celebrate.

"Six dollar martinis!", I was like.

"Good for you," she was like, " I always say that you have a healthier work-life balance than anyone else around here."

"Yeah," I was like, and then I went into explaining how there was no one else around to go out with me, so she should encourage that more, so I have someone to go to six-dollar martinis with, because I can't always do it alone.

At that, she laughed, and was like, "Heck, if I didn't have a church function tonight, I would be tempted to go with you!"

. . .

As it turns out, a friend did come through, and we went out and had three rounds.

That night, in my troubled sleep, I imagined that I was in the martini bar, only there were no tables or chairs or bar, just couches built into the walls with throw pillows everywhere, and my one (black) dean was walking down the center of the bar towards me holding a martini glass.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats what happens after three martinis

JUSIPER said...

That dean is awesome.

el blogador said...

I agree with you, she is definitely awesome. I'd def. drink martinis with her sometime, too!