Friday, November 13, 2009

2 (black) women telling it like it is.

1) I was in line at the local office supply store to return some index cards (wrong size, needed the slightly larger one) and get a notebook, and the line was really long, and so the assistant manager came and opened up the second line, and this older (white) dude booked from the end of the line to there, at which me and the 20-something (black) girl behind me raised an eyebrow, and then we looked at each other and shook our heads, and she was like, "Some people are so ignorant."

2) When I was coming out of the store, I was walking on the sidewalk and this (black) woman who was just about to turn into the parking lot began to stop to give me right-of-way so I could walk across the entrance to the parking lot and continue on my way, when all of a sudden this young (black) dude in a big SUV roars out from behind her and turns in front of her car and right in front of my face, going like 50 miles an hour, which surprised me a ton.

So, then, I reached out and slapped the back of his car - that's my policy; if I can do that, you're too close to pedestrians and you're being a bully with your car, I tell drivers if they challenge me; this guy didn't, he didn't seem to notice - and when I was on the other side of the sidewalk, the (black) woman pulls up with her window rolled down - she had a white knit cap on, and had these huge black sunglasses that almost covered her face, and she looked more elderly than I expected, close-up -- and she was like, "That guy was a jerk, Did you see him come 'round me and turn in through two lanes?", and I was like, "Did you see me slap the back of his car?, he was totally way too close to me", and right away she was like, "Mmm-hmmm, that is bullshit."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again -- I am amazed that you have never been punched in the face.

JUSIPER said...

So true. But this was is one of the decreasingly rare cases where he was right.