Friday, October 16, 2009

Conversation with 2 (black) women.

Sunday morning I made up a big pot of kidney bean soup with fresh vegetables. Later, when I was at the drugstore buying some toothbrushes so I could get some cash back and have money in hand for a local used booksale (one weekend only per year), the (black) lady at the checkout counter asked me how I was, so I was like, "Pretty good, I put on a big pot of soup this morning, and it warmed up my entire apartment and my entire apartment smells so good now."

"When is it done?, 'cause I'm coming over!" the (black) lady at the next register over burst in and said.

I said something, and then told them to have a good day, and they both said to have a good day too.

3 comments:

JUSIPER said...

If she actually had come over it would have been the greatest day of your life.

el blogador said...

I actually asked them if they had any tupperware, since I lived like a block away and was making way too much and could bring them some over, but they didn't, and said no thanks, pleasantly.

JUSIPER said...

i was surprised you hadn't offered. but it turns out that you did.