Sunday, March 29, 2009

Forgot - black church story -

I forgot --

Like two weekends ago when I went to my one (black) friend who works the library desk on Sunday nights's church, this little storefront church down in a bad neighborhood, me and my (white) friend I went with walked in the door, and there were people hanging out all dressed up in the foyer, including this older kind of plump guy in a nice suit on a chair right by the entrance, and we all said hi cordially, and after we went to sit down and we saw our friend, she asked if we had met her father, and it turned out that that guy was her father, so when I went back into the foyer to go to the restroom, I went back to introduce myself proper.

"Hey," I was like, "So you're [my one (black) friend who works the library desk on Sunday night's] father," and he started to laugh.

"That's what they tell me," he was like, and laughed even more heartily. "That's what they tell me!"

When I told this to my friend the next time I saw her, and was like, "Hey, did you know what your dad said," she laughed pretty loud too, and was like, "That foo!"

No comments: