Saturday, December 20, 2008

Etc.

At the coffee shop where I was working yesterday, I noticed that the room capacity was "69".

Last night I had a dream that I was in this shitty apartment and a slightly older woman was showing me around, and as we went from the shittily-carpeted living room into the kitchen where there was a tiled floor, there was an evil spirit in the far corner by the built-in Lazy Susan, and though when I was in the living room and could abjure it from there with sworn oaths and the sign of the cross, as soon as I crossed over the little metal strip separating the carpet from the tile into the kitchen, my mouth would stop up, and I would feel this upwelling sense of anxiety, knowing that I couldn't do anything, and all I could do was contain the spirit from afar, rather than confront it, which someone like a real priest or exorcist or someone with real power could do.

On another note, I've talked my parents into taking the Meyers-Briggs personality test, only they didn't feel like taking it online, so I had to cut-and-paste the questions into a Word document, print it out, then take it home so they could circle the answers. Then, my dad was tired and my mom didn't feel like doing it, so I had to read them a lot of questions so they would finish the test. My favorite part was when it was this yes-no question "I almost always stick by my principles," my mom was like, "Less and less," then she said that that was the fun part of getting older.

Also, after they had both finished the test, my parents started making up yes-no questions for each other as if they were on the Meyers-Briggs test, and since my mom had just cooked my dad's favorite stuffed cabbage casserole recipe that evening, she was like, "My wife cooks better stuffed cabbage than my mother," and my dad was like, "Not any more!", since my grandma on that side is getting kind of senile.

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

So in the dream, you were very comfortable with this idea that there was such a thing as a "real priest" who could exorcise an actual demon? That's pretty interesting.

el blogador said...

Yes, and I was wary for meddling and pretending like I had the power.