Thursday, December 18, 2008

Addendum.

Though the library at school was a desert by the end of last week, some grad student recalled a book from me this past Tuesday, and another one recalled another book from me yesterday, which means that I'll be accumulating $3 per day per book if I don't get them back by Dec. 23rd and 24th, respectively, which is impossible since I'm gone from school on vacation, like most normal people, who, being normal, would also never consider recalling a book during vacation (e.g., in the past I have refrained from recalling books I've needed over spring break for this very reason, that I didn't want to stick someone who is on vacation with fines).

Anyhow, I was telling this to my mom today and complaining that people who would recall a book during Christmas break are not from this planet, and she was like, "Don't be so narrow-minded, it could be a Hindu," and when she could see I was getting pissed because I wanted someone to bitch at and she wasn't playing the role, she added, "Or a Jehovah's Witness."

On another note, at the one coffee shop in my hometown that I go to, they have a box where you can put your cup buddies (the cardboard things that go around the cup to keep your hand from getting burned) so they can re-use them, if they're not dirty.

No comments: