Wednesday, December 3, 2008

a dream - one of my loveliest.

I had a wonderful dream last night. I dreamed I was hiking with a friend (can't remember who) through these gorges in this American countryside of rolling hills, and on either of the walls of the gorges were these stone houses cut into them, with small stone window panes and yellow opaque glass (couldn't remember the word "opaque" there for a second, I almost wrote "impaquable", almost like "implacable"), and one the top of the hills were fenced pastures, and somehow me and my friend were inside the houses at one point and there were these vast entrance halls with roomy staircases and red carpets, and you could still look out the little yellow windows, which were kind of odd since the windows totally made you think nothing of the like would be inside.

Then, I walked out of the gorge and turned a corner, and I was in this Michigan harbor city in front of a soft-serve ice cream place both of which I recognized in teh dream, and I looked back and could see how you couldn't see the gorge from the city, and I was like, "Oh, so that is where that is!", and then I went down to the beach by myself and walked and looked back at the gorge, you could just barely see it through the trees, while my friend went back to his hotel (I think my friend was male).

On another note, after making hummus last night and mashing the chickpeas with my hands, like twenty minutes later I was brushing my teeth and going to go to bed, and I noticed hummus all mashed and dried up in the hair on the back of my hands, somehow I missed a spot while washing.

(I like mashing the chickpeas with my hands; people may make fun of it, but if you called it "rustic" and sold it at Wholefoods, I'd get at least $11.99/lb. for it.)

Also, my shit this morning was really nasty; it had a sharp stink, and held together though it looked all smear-y. Between that and the nasty instant coffee-and-chicory mix I'm trying to make my way through so I can have the damn can, I just smell that shit and it makes me want to vomit, it wasn't a good morning, despite the great progress I made over breakfast on a new Greek translation I started.

No comments: