Monday, June 16, 2008

Lousiana Governor Bobby Jindal's exorcisms.

So it turns out that Lousiana governor Bobby Jindal has participated in exorcisms...

I found this excerpt from Jindal's description of his experience interesting:

Whenever I concentrated long enough to begin prayer, I felt some type of physical force distracting me. It was as if something was pushing down on my chest, making it very hard for me to breathe. . . Though I could find no cause for my chest pains, I was very scared of what was happening to me and Susan. I began to think that the demon would only attack me if I tried to pray or fight back; thus, I resigned myself to leaving it alone in an attempt to find peace for myself.

Like the former chief exorcist of Rome says, there's nothing stupider than to not participate in exorcisms out of a conviction that demons will leave you alone; like he says, that makes no sense at all, since they're already doing all that's in their power to harm you.

Anyhow, I wonder, does this basic flaw in reasoning make Jindal unfit for office?

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

Maybe that force was God, trying to punish him for converting to the devil's religion.