Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why I don't tend to get along with black men.

I realized today that I don't tend to get along with black men since so many of them are caught in this headspace where they're knowingly suave and cocky and crack jokes with a "aren't I cute?" look on their face and the attitude that they're getting away with something, almost like a preacher or a con man... Yesterday at a lecture this one prof mentioned offhand that he took French in high school since he knew it was the language of love and he thought of himself as a lover, for example, and the entire audience laughed, especially the black women, who all had an "isn't he cute?" look on their faces, but the joke left me cold, especially its self-satisfied, posing delivery. To the degree that a black guy is not like that, I can get along with him.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

You just hate men in general.