Sunday, April 6, 2008

Quip / Dream.

So at a department function on Friday night, I ended up in a conversational circle with this student I know, her husband, and our department's lone Mormon, and it turned out that the student I know's husband is originally from Montana, and our department's lone Mormon has relatives in Bozeman, so he started talking about how once in going over the pass over the mountains into Bozeman he got caught in a really bad snowstorm and almost didn't survive.

"So what'd you do, eat your wives?", I was like.

Actually, I didn't say that, but you know I thought it.

Last night I dreamt that I went into my kitchen in my apartment, and the counter and everything was covered in a heavy dew, and pervading the kitchen was a bracing, hearty earthy smell like just after it rains.

No comments: