Sunday, February 24, 2008

Advice to a friend.

So a friend who's doing her ph.d. at a regional state university is taking Spanish for shits and giggle and wrote me a frantic e-mail today:

So we have to write these short compositions in my spanish class... this is the assignment for tomorrow. Do you have any freaken suggestions??? I have no idea... and even if I did, how do you do this in 250 words?

Write an essay of 250 words answering the following question

What would you have painted if you had lived in the 16th century? If you had lived in a Hispanic country who would you have been? Why?


I told her she should say that because of the high rate of infant mortality in the 16th century, she likely never would have lived to paint.

The sad part, is that's also true for Puerto Rico today. That's why I'm voting Obama, for change. We've had too much of the same old for too long, and Puerto Rican babies keep dying while we sit around and twiddle our thumbs, one of the richest nations on earth. I still can't believe that foreign aid as a percentage of GNP never increased once in all eight years of the Bush administration. It's like those babies' lives don't matter, since they're darker than us. Honestly, it's just sick, and to think they keep on dying while we wait for change at home.

No comments: