Thursday, February 28, 2008

Snot, and karaoke.

This morning when I used my neti pot, the water just streamed out in a strong flow, and as I watched it in the mirror, this huge piece of opaque, cream-colored snot (it kind of resemembled a big clump of cum, to tell you the truth, though it wasn't) just dripped right out of my nostril in the stream of water, and it made this big 'smack' sound as it hit the sink, that you could hear despite the continued sound of the big stream of water hitting the sink.

On another note, I think I'm going to karaoke tomorrow, and I've been inviting people selectively, and today at a lunch-thing I invited this one chi-chi older ph.d. student who has a short hair cut and always wears black and black glasses with slight horn rims and leather boots with noticeable heels, though nothing too tacky - she's a Unitarian-Universalist, and studies theology, and I imagine she's the type of person who buys over-priced cheeses and likes a glass of red wine at night and has like five specifications for her coffee when she orders at Starbucks - and after she said she was planning to spend Friday night at home with her sick husband and child she also was like, "Oh, I don't know if you want me to sing," and since she's kind of fond of me, I pushed her a little bit and was like, "Hypothetically, just hypothetically, if you did come, what would you sing?", and she was like, "Well, the last time I sang karaoke I was in Alaska, and it was late at night and I was really drunk, and I sang 'Where Have All the Flowers Gone' and made two vets cry, which made me cry too, I was just a mess," and when I was like, "Really?", she nodded tersely and was like, "Yes, but that was years ago."

4 comments:

el blogador said...

For some reason, the way she talked about that being years ago, it gave me the impression that that she was the lone woman up in Alaska during the pipeline days, and there's this whole untamed side of her that I don't know.

JUSIPER said...

That might be worth probing.

el blogador said...

Her pipeline?

But seriously, I love how if you dig a little bit with people about karaoke, a lot of cool stories come out, if people sang for themselves something that meant something to them, to share it with everyone

Anyhow, I would love to sing karaoke with her. I should start a collection to get her a baby sitter next month.

JUSIPER said...

So you can probe her pipeline?