Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Got my hair cut yesterday.

I got my haircut yesterday at the Japanese spa a little ways away from my house. Diezel was my barber again, and he asked me how my New Year's was, and when I said it was lowkey, he said his was too, and he and his girlfriend watched Dick Clark on the couch for a while and opened a bottle of wine, but they didn't even get through half of it, then a little after eleven they put on a movie, but his girlfriend went off to bed since she was tired, and then next thing he knows he wakes up and it's like 12:50am and the movie's still going and he missed the ball-drop, so he went into his girlfriend's room and woke her up and gave her a kiss, and then he went back in and finished watching the movie. Only, when he told me this, right after he said "we opened a nice bottle of wine," he lowered his voice because the Japanese women were around and was like, "and we blew a couple joints and got real mellow," and then he raised his voice again and went into the whole movie thing and her going to bed and him falling asleep and whatnot.

Also, he was telling me how he rented "The Bucket List" a few weeks ago and it made him cry, which never happens with movies. I told him to rent "The Purple Rose of Cairo", which always gets me, and when I told him that Mia Farrow was in it and that Woody Allen directed, he was like, "But she don't get directed by him any more, I bet, she get near him and she gonna give it to him, the pervert."

Diezel, it also turns out, has a penchant for zombie movies, and really enjoyed "I Am Legend" when he went to go see it a few weeks ago.

No comments: