Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dance, Almodovar, and the Joy Bus.

Yesterday tango started up again. Class is held in the same building as the campus film center, and they've been having a Tuesday night Almodovar series, so just at the time that class was getting out, the audience got done watching "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown" was also getting out, and I saw like every hispanic on campus I know pouring out of the auditorium -- Mexican, Spanish, you name it. They all seemed pretty happy, too.

This morning I woke up and looked out my window and saw "The Joy Bus", a white van owned by a church a few streets north of me that's painted over with slogans and has on the back, "FOLLOW ME TO THE ONE TRUE CHURCH!"

4 comments:

JUSIPER said...

I hope you see a few of his other movies, although I don't really know that you'll like any of them.

el blogador said...

I liked "Bad Education" a lot and will see it again, "Volver" and "Tie Me Up Tie Me Down" were decent, but I didn't like "Women on the Verge" or "Talk with Her". I'm pissed I missed "All About My Mother".

JUSIPER said...

I think All About My Mother is a bit overrated. Bad Education is great. Really great. But I'm not sure it's any better than Talk with Her. I wonder what you would think of Kika.

el blogador said...

Bad Education had me laughing out loud, than gasping in shock.