Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Two evangelical stories (part I of II): Lucre.

The gas stations in town are pretty much a monopoly run by this one oil company, and they charge ten cents higher for gas than anywhere in an hour radius, and everyone in town bitches about it, though the oil company people say they give the money back to the community, which is only half-true, since they only really give (and they give big) to the evangelical church their family belongs to.

Anyhow, my dad was telling me and my mom that last summer the one son from the oil company bought his wife a Hummer and a new pair of tits, and whenever she'd be driving around in her Hummer with her tits, guys in town would look at them as they passed by and be like, "I paid for those."

"But they're only 90% the size she wanted," my dad was like. "They tithe."

No comments: