Sunday, November 4, 2007

Death Dream: Came to Pass.

Last Friday a friend was writing me that she thinks my one dream I recently had meant I had unsaid problems with my father, though I had been thinking, though, that it meant that my father would die. Like half a year ago when I started thinking back, I realized all of a sudden that I was old, and that I already know a lot of people among the dead, both people I know well and people I just barely knew. As I saw my dream, all of us who were there did not know the death in the room, but I was given sudden clarity to see this, before my father separated from the rest of us who were there to go away with his dead friend. I had been thinking, then, because of this, that he would die.

Last night, however, I heard about the marathoner who died in the Olympic trials in New York city, and it was someone who would run on a team in my high school's track conference years ago, and I just remember this kid beating the frick out of anyone in any race that he ever ran in, way back in high school. I'm now thinking that in my dream my father wasn't my father, but rather one of the many people from where I grew up, and that somehow I had foreknowledge of the death of this runner guy, maybe because the way he died made his death known to a lot of people and somehow this reached across to me several days beforehand.

No comments: