Monday, November 5, 2007

All you have to do is dream: Dreams, not mine.

My friend who works the front desk of the main library on campus was telling me last night about how her minister at church was talking about Joseph's dreams and told everyone at church that they should keep a dream diary and write down their dreams right after they get up. She was saying she doesn't want to, and she hasn't liked dreams ever since she had this bad dream where her and her son were at it. "You mean like fighting?", I was like, "Noooo," she said, and she hunched over so no one could see and made that little fucking gesture in her lap with her fingers, one looped around and the other pointing and going in-and-out really fast in between the other.

Another time, she said, she was working with this one barber in the same shop, and he came in one day and said that he had dreamt about her last night. "So how was I?", she asked, and he was like, "I don't remember, but I sure did wake up my wife."

No comments: