Thursday, September 6, 2007

Opened up the comic book store downtown this morning.

Yesterday I went downtown to pick up the new issue of Season 8 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but the card they gave me with the store hours was wrong, and the store closed at 6pm and not 7pm, so when I arrived there at 6:30pm, I saw all these employees inside counting up at the cash register and I beat on the window only to have them hold up a sign that said deliveries were delayed until Thursday because of the holiday weekend. It all worked out, though, because I was meeting a friend for $5 martinis last night and got pretty hammered and ended up crashing on the couch at him and his roommates' place, and though I slept shittily, I had to pass through downtown on the way home this morning, and I got the comic book store right at 10am when it opened, and was the first person there to get the new Buffy.

I found out from the comic guy, too, that they're doing a 10 or 12 issue Season 6 of Angel. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy that, though; I just might, if it's only going to be 10 or 12 issues.

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

That's nice to hear about Season VI of Angel. Is $5 an exceptionally good price for a martini?

el blogador said...

$5 isn't bad. Their original vodka martini totally blew, though.