Monday, August 27, 2007

It's 12:30-ish on Monday: books, bug, profanity.

I just dropped off four paperbacks to the free bookcart in the front of the main library, including Stephen Kings "Eyes of the Dragon" ("Eye of the Dragon"?).

Last night in my Danish Haven when I was sitting on my chrome-and-black upholstery 1950s dining room chair at my brown, tan, and black-formica laminate table with chrome accents and went to open up Jan Shipp's "Mormonism: A New Religious Tradition", which I had had sitting on my lovely dark green 1950s sectional and then on my yellow-and-brown with dark-wood accents chair, in turn, I saw something skitter over the edge. I flipped it over, and saw a baby silverfish, which I then crushed with my thumb. The binding was falling apart, so it might have been eating the glue in there, but I don't know how it ascended all the furniture to get at the book; all the silverfish I've ever seen my entire life have been skittering on the floor.

One day I hope to steal myself enough to insects to be able to crush roaches with my bare hands.

On that note, that reminds me that I once read about this guy in LA who used to put ads out in papers to have women come crush cockroaches with their bare feet or while wearing high heels so he could film them doing that. He called them "crush films", and liked to imagine that he was the bug underneath their feet, and when he'd so identify with the roach and think about his brains coming out the top of his head, he'd blow his load all over the floor, even while filming.

This morning, too, I used the word "wussie". I realized for the first time that it's probably a taboo deformation of "pussie", much like "shoot" is of "shit".

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

True. But "wussie" seems to make that connection far more explicitly than plain old "wuss."