Monday, September 2, 2024

Two customers who I’ll never serve again…

…at the one (Thai) restaurant where I work now:

A (moved-from-LA) (plumper) (white) nurse who got back into town like a year ago and who used to live here years and years ago and who told me all this when she moved back, in addition to straight-up informing me of the fact that she’ll put in very specific orders, and some (scruffy) (tall) (skinny) (white) guy who I wouldn’t be surprised was into hard drugs, who my (Thai) coworkers said is just the latest in some series of men who she brings by the restaurant, and they come in and they’re a little tipsy, and she says she wants lemon in her water (we don’t have that, and she should know that), and then she says that she wants one thing removed from her curry and then both green beans and peapods added in and they never charge her for both it’s always free, she’s been coming in here for ten years (we don’t carry peapods), and then her and the man are debating drinks and they’re debating whether to buy the bottle or a glass of this one sake and they say some name of what might have been another type of sake, and I bring out the only sake that we sell by both the glass and the bottle, and they drink like a third of that and then the woman asks to see the menu and she opens it up and runs her finger down it and looks at it and then when I’m over later she says that we brought them the wrong bottle, and then she sends the rest back and we bring out something else, and as I find out later from my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker who overhears them, the man keeps calling it wine and she keeps being like, “No, it’s sake,” and then later when it’s time for the bill, I ask my one (older) (Thai) coworker what I should do with that bottle of wine that they drank a lot of and then said was wrong, and she said charge seven dollars (the price of one glass, and actually proportionally decently less than the maybe ten or more dollars that they gladly drank all of and that they should have paid for), and then when I bring the bill over and point that fact out very deferentially, and that we cut the price for them, they both just get this horrible look in their face and the guy jumps up a bit and starts yelling at me and the woman starts saying it’s my mistake, I brought that out, they shouldn’t have to pay for that, even though they had drunk a lot and kept their glasses of that “mistake” sake at the table and polished them off even after they sent the rest of the bottle back, and they were so out-of-control and so angry that I told my (Thai) coworkers I was disappearing, and I just stood in the kitchen dicking around on my phone until they were gone, as my one (older) (Thai) coworker took that sake off the bill and they finished their meal and paid and left.

. . .

(I told both my [Thai] coworkers that although I’d waited on her like two or three times before and everything was fine those times, I will never wait on that table again – they said that’s fine, just let them know if they don’t see her come in if she comes in when I’m working – and I told them that I’m not exactly sure what happened with the one sake they ordered, there *might* have been a mistake on my end, in response to their discussion of ordering the one sake by the glass or by the bottle, but the lady was also blatantly lying earlier that same night to try to get free stuff and I didn’t like it, and so she also might have been pulling something to try to get free alcohol, or maybe she had decided to switch alcohol because she got bored with the one bottle that they had ordered and she wanted to do that for free, all stuff that I wouldn’t put past her now, now that “the mask is off” and she’s shown herself to be a very conniving and manipulative human being.)

. . .

(Probably because of some unrelated matter, the restaurant owners around that time sent out a clarification, that if there’s a mistake and the customer keeps it, they pay for it, but if they send it back, we don’t charge and we replace it, but no keeping it and eating it and then asking for money back or for free stuff.)

No comments: