Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Glimpsed job.

For some reason, I saw a social activism job ad right in my area, and in an area that I'm interested in and where I have experience, but, it's like $70K plus bennies for a job that works you to death at like 55-60 hours a week.

Like, I'm interested for a change of pace and the extra money would be nice, but compared to waiting tables, it's not *that* much more money per hour, especially after taxes, and I'd rather have my freetime.

Of course I'd make different decisions and opt for something like that if I had people to support like a family, but I don't, so I really don't see the point of going into something like that.

Years ago my one (lawyer) friend from (Missouri) told me not to worry so much, that I'm doing okay and making good choices and if money and benefits ever become important to me, I can shift into something like that, but still, I just wish that I had better-looking career options that were a bit more professional, for my dayjob.

No comments: