Monday, April 29, 2024

Preliminary finding response...

...to my giant discovery:

1) Hundreds of hits to my short blogpost and a minor uptick in activity to a few of my professional webpages;

2) A couple questions on social media (one which seemed to minimize what I did a bit, and which blew past a distinction that I had forcefully introduced and should have already been intelligible to anyone who's done work in the language);

3) A comment on social media from a guy who studies a different branch of the same language family, where he says the overall finding makes intuitive sense from what we know of other related languages;

4) Some new social media followers, mostly randos but maybe like one grad student at a top program; and

5) No real discernible reaction from people inside the "profession" itself.

My guess is that anyone inside the profession is sitting tight and biting their tongue, and don't know what to make of it, to the extent that anyone has noticed.

It's like they're all looking for cues on what to believe, though, G-dd-ss help them, I don't know if the people they're looking towards have done the baseline necessary work to build the minimal skillsets to offer a competent evaluation.

No comments: