Saturday, February 3, 2024

COVID calculus.

In general I try to minimize COVID exposure -- I still mask in public places, for example -- but I do eat and have drinks inside, especially when transmission rates seem low and it's fall or spring and you can't use the patio yet.

 (Deep winter after the holidays is usually out; too much transmission, especially after people get back from Thanksgiving and then from Christmas and New Year's.)

A few weeks ago, though, I had a long day of research at the university library and I was thinking of stopping by a local townie bar that has a good grill to get a beer and something to eat, but an upcoming trip to the city that I used to live in for a concert stopped me:

Even though it usually wasn't packed and you'd sit relatively not near other people at the bar, it just didn't seem worth the risk to me, to get sick before my concert.

That's above and beyond my worries about catching COVID multiple times, since they say the more times that that happens, the more chance you have of something long-term and freaky developing.

No comments: