Wednesday, January 31, 2024

A running joke at work…

…at the one (Thai) restaurant where I work now:

After when it was super busy and as I’m running into the kitchen, my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker gestures to me about egg rolls and dumps some from a takeout wrapper into a bowl and then puts them on top of the ice machine where we keep food we’re eating, and later I eat both of them, only for her to come up to me and say that she was only giving me one from the order that was a mistake, not both of them!, at which point we have this exchange:

Her (about the shift meal): “So what do you want for food tonight?”

Me: “Two egg rolls.”

Her: [says nothing, but puts her one hand right in front of my upper arm, and then suddenly brings her other hand as a fist down hard upon it so it makes a big angry threatening slap sound, but does not actually touch my body and hurt me]

. . .

No comments: