Sunday, February 25, 2024

Another joke, at work.

Everyone at the one (Thai) restaurant where I work now was decently excited that I was going to see Madonna in concert.

And, the day after I got back, it was super busy at the restaurant, where we just ran and ran and ran all night with barely a moment to stop, and at one point pretty much every table in the house was full.

And so, when I was back behind the front counter over by the stack of appetizer plates and the little warming pot of miso soup, I turned to my one (older) (Thai) coworker who's a whiz at the phones, and, though I only had a moment to speak since we were both going off in different directions, I was like, "We're working harder than Madonna."

And, she didn't seem especially in love with that joke, but then like over a week later when it was a busy spurt again, she turned to me at a similar moment and was like, "We are working harder than Madonna."

. . .

No comments: