Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Plant problems.

With the one sprouted avocado seed that I potted, it seems that fruit flies were using the top of the soil to breed, since ungodly amounts were swarming on the top, and once when I poked around in the soil, it even turned up little grubs everywhere.

So, I just took rubbing alcohol and sprayed the top of the plants a few times, and I've done that occasionally since.

I think it eventually evaporates without hitting the plant roots, so that's good, but I really should research essential oils, or some sh*t like that.

So far, I've been doing that for several weeks, and the flies are mostly gone and the plant seems unharmed, though there's dried-out grubs thoroughly dotting the soil surface, as what looks like small white specks from a distance.

No comments: