Friday, January 26, 2024

General (Thai) levity…

 …at the one (Thai) restaurant where I work now, within the past three to four months:

1) My one (younger) (skinny) (techie) (Thai) coworker went to some rave again in the most nearby metropolis, and showed me the video of the people dancing to a DJ that he said was taken in the house, and I asked more and he said the rave was over all three floors of the house, with a different DJ on each floor, and then he showed me a clip of him vaping, and it was done through some video-camera on his sunglasses, and he showed me how it recorded as he looked around and vaped and walked, and took the footage then wherever he looked and walked, and he was showing me all that footage, of him walking around various rooms at the house-rave. 

“I’m half-expecting you to go to the bathroom and it shows me your dick,” I said, to which he did not respond much, though he also did not judge me.

( . . .)

2) Right after New Year’s, my one (younger) (skinny) (techie ) (Thai) coworker comes in late one evening, and at first I don’t realize that he just didn’t come in for his paycheck, but instead came in to eat something, like some special soup that he got from the back with egg noodles in it.

And, it turns out that he hasn’t been home to our prairie-town for like three days, because he was at a rave in the city. 

(Like, there was this soup-bowl served up in back, and on the ordering-touchscreen it was ticketed to some side-account beyond the usual tables, and at first I just assumed it was for my one [older] [Thai] coworker who’s a whiz at the phones, and then suddenly I realized it was for him, sitting at the back table, there.)

Throughout, then, I’d pour him water, and when it was finally time to bring him the bill, I read it out, and said shit like, “Okay, one pad see you, no broccoli, sub ketamine,” and then I immediately corrected myself and was like, “Oh wait, no, you’re thirsty, I don’t mean ketamine, I mean molly, one pad see you, no carrots, sub molly,” and at that he toleratingly laughed at me, and it wasn’t that he wasn’t amused at me, but he wasn’t sure what to do, either.

 (. . .)

No comments: