Monday, December 18, 2023

Puzzle problems and pleasures:

1) With this one word search that I did a bit ago, the theme was "Cities in India," which made it hard since you didn't know most of the cities beyond like "BHOPAL" and had to keep constantly looking at the wordlist and then looking for particular words.

Then, at the end, I couldn't find two final cities in the grid, and then I realized that they both had an internal - R - N - sequence, but since those two letters were printed lower case in small print in the newspaper that printed the word search, the rn ( - r - n - ) looked like an m ( - M - ) and so I couldn't find the dang words because I was looking for the wrong thing.

2) I've always shied away from doing jigsaw puzzles of commercial properties, but I have to admit, this one that I was doing this month of Looney Tunes was quite fun, what with the crisp lines and blocks of color and then you get to see Bugs Bunny and Sylvester and others forming out of it, as you complete it.

No comments: