Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Some Thai restaurant happenings...

 ...one day a bit ago, at the one (Thai) restaurant that I work at now:

1) After a (fatter) (middle-age) (short-haired) (white) (lesbian?) couple pay for their meal, my one (older) (Thai) coworker who's a whiz at the phones shows me the money they handed over to pay the bill.

"Forty-four dollars," she's like, "All singles."

"Maybe they're a waiter," I was like.

"Or stripper," she was like.

2) After the close of shift when I take the unused (miso) soup back to the kitchen with a towel around it to hold the hot metal pot, I deposit it by the dishwashing area and then turn around and the one (Guatemalan) cook who I started the diablo joke with is halfway across the room doing something, so I stop and stand there and in front of everyone I take the towel and kind of whip it so it just about snaps his ass, which he sees out of the corner of his eye, and without changing his pace or doing anything, he starts muttering something in (Spanish) about diablo...

3) After everything is finished and I get my tip money and it's time to go home, my one (older) (Thai) coworker who's a whiz at the phone is like, "Time to go home," but I say, "What if I don't want to go home, what if I want to stay here," and she's like, "Fine, I go."

Then, she's like, "You can drink wine," and she points at the shelf that's above the work station where we keep this huge row of wine bottles like the opened reds and the whites before we chill them.

No comments: