Saturday, November 4, 2023

Ribbing at work.

This summer at work at the (Thai) restaurant where I work now, my one (chubby) (Thai) worker had this like little tube of chapstick that she’d hold up to her nose and put her hand over and sniff it, and when I asked her and my one (older) (Thai) coworker who’s a whiz at the phones about that, it turned out to be something like a Vick’s Vaporrub smelling salts thing that they use in (Thailand) a lot, only you use it not to revive yourself, but to sniff it when it’s hot outside, and it makes you feel colder.

Like once or twice, too, then, I would point at her and be like, “She is always a problem at work, she is a major cocaine addict!”, which the two of them didn’t laugh at, exactly, but would nevertheless tolerate, and occasionally smile at.

Then, when the owners came back from vacation and my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker used that thing again, I was like, “Hey, you can’t do cocaine now, the owners are back, they’ll see you!”.

And, she liked that joke a lot better.

No comments: