Thursday, October 5, 2023

Coffee, and bread (2 of 2): Bread.

During my COVID bout, I did go to the close local bakery while obeying CDC guidelines, and I got a few loaves of sourdough, among other things, because I'd been making homemade baba ganoush.

The one I froze, and the other I kept on my counter for slices to toast whenever I wanted some baba ganoush.

Oddly, one slice I pulled out had a very wet small spot towards the bottom, which I couldn't figure out, since it had been bagged in plastic, and so I just assumed it had somehow gotten wet after I pulled the slice of bread out of the bag.

But then, a few days later, I look at the bread on the counter, and I can see a spot of mold right there in that same spot on the top slice of bread.

So, I open it up and pull it out, and it's only there, so I tear that part out, pull out the last two slices, and put all of them in a different bag to go put them in my freezer.

And still even now, I really have no f*cking idea how that wet spot got there.

No comments: