Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Coffee, and bread (1 of 2): Coffee.

So, because of COVID disrupting where I usually shop, I ran out of Bustelo brick coffee, and the local nearby co-op had shit selection, for my tastes.

But, I remembered that ages ago my one (cool) (Ethiopian) coworker from the resthome where I used to work had gifted me a nice vacuum-sealed thing of roasted whole-bean coffee that she brought back from Addis Ababa, so I dug that out, only since I don't have a coffee grinder, I had to crush the beans in a bowl with the back of a nice big soup spoon.

I tried that in my little stovetop espresso maker, but the grind was too big to give a good coffee, so I improvised a French press instead by putting a strainer over a bowl and pouring boiling water through the coffee in it, and the letting the grounds soak there a while.

And, I have to say, it's smooth and delicate and nice, and is some damn fine coffee.

I drink it out of the bowl.

No comments: