Thursday, September 28, 2023

Project goals.

After I finished up and submitted to peer review a version of that major article that came from almost like 2 years of intense research (in between some other stuff), I thought that I'd be able to bang out a lot of quickie mini-articles and projects that had been accumulating, to really clear out my to-do list a shit-ton.

Only, COVID really threw a wrench in things.

The other thing that I've wanted to start doing is reading texts from a variety of eras in that one ancient language that I've been studying intensively for the past number of years, like an hour or an hour-and-a-half on days when I have the evening off from work.

That's a major, major way that you leisurely engage it and get ideas for "big picture" projects rearranging the way that people have been analyzing and presenting it, and I was doing that a bit earlier this summer, but it kind of fell apart around the time that I was intensively finishing that article, not to mention afterward when I was on a mini-trip for a concert, and then working a lot since my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker was away for a K-pop concert, and then of course when I got COVID.

Sigh.

I can't imagine having a disability that interferes long-term with my ability to be productive.

I'd really have to reorient a lot of the way I behave, and the way that I think about myself and what I'm dong and where I'm going.

No comments: