Sunday, September 24, 2023

Late night vomiting surprise.

Like a week or two ago in my back alley cottage on a weekend night I was reading in bed after midnight, when I heard a retching, vomiting sound from outside by the alley.

Since there was a party going on down the block, I figured it was someone from there, and I just kept lying in bed, reading.

Then, like ten minutes later, I hear it again, and so I get up and peer through my curtains and see nothing, and so I get back into bed.

Then, like another ten minutes later, I hear it yet again, and so I get up a second time and also see nothing, and just as I'm getting back into bed I decide that I should go outside and see if someone's out there who needs my help.

So, I dress up and throw pepper spray in my back pocket and turn my outdoor light on and go outside, and since it's dark in parts of the alley, I use the flashlight on my smartphone to look around some.

And, on the other side.of the alley by the quiet housing co-op, a (younger) (bespectacled) (racially ambiguous but not Asian or black) (bearded) man is lying on his back in the gravel behind some parked cars, and I go ask him what's up.

He's decently coherent and he says that he has vomited a few times and that he's from the party a few doors down, so I walk down there  and talk to some people who are out in the backyard by the bonfire.

They say they're all physics graduate students, and 2 come with me so I can show them where the man is.

And, I do that, and then I leave.

No comments: