Friday, September 29, 2023

Farmer's market problems.

Since I'm on a later sleep schedule because I work a lot of evenings at the one (Thai) restaurant where I work now, I usually don't get to the local farmer's market until the last hour/hour-and-a-half of the day, by the time that I set my alarm a bit early and wake up and get something on my stomach and get properly caffeinated.

And, lately I've been missing the last of the corn, where there's no truck when I get there, and I found out that they are there, but they just don't have as much as earlier in the season and leave when they sell out.

Sometimes I hit random run-outs from other stands, like sometimes there's no kale at the stand of the one (older) (Southeast Asian) lady who I buy kale from.

The other week, though, it was crazy depleted, and even the one (thin) (solitary) (older) (white) guy who sells onions earlier in the season and then switches to apples was closing up shop by the time that I got there.

It turns out that there was a home college football game that day that started late morning, and so a lot of fans stopped through and flooded the market before the game started.

No comments: