Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Pens and Pilates:

1) My one pen ran out of ink that I was using to take orders at the (Thai) restaurant, so I would use these standard major-brand blue plastic pens that we had in a box behind the counter, only, like once a shift I'd squat down to do something, and the pen would slightly flex in my back pocket, and it'd go to hell and wouldn't work, even though it was a new pen.

After wasting like four or five of these pens, I realized that something would have to change, and so the next time that I was at the local bank to deposit my tip money -- so much! do they think I'm a drug runner? -- I asked them for free pens, and they gave me 2 and I took a 3rd that was lying out on the counter, and these have nice ink and a good flow but also a hard shell casing, and so they don't self-destruct in my back pocket thanks to the strength of my flexing buttock, but instead they make it through with flying colors, no problem at all whatsoever.

2) A few weeks ago the schedule at the (Thai) restaurant said that we were going to be short-staffed for the Wednesday lunch shift and it looked initially like I'd be there alone, and my one (older) (Thai) coworker who's a whiz at the phones affirmed to me that she can never come in then, Wednesday afternoon is always her Pilates day.

Like, it's always scheduled off for her, because she has Pilates.

No comments: