Friday, August 4, 2023

Observation on an alcholic beverage offering at the (Thai) restaurant.

So, at the (Thai) restaurant where I work now, we have beer and wine, but no real hard liquor, apart from some chilled sake, including like these like chilled sake etc. mixtures that are kind of fruity and more of a summer-y/(womanly) drink.

And, there's also this new (recent college graduate) (Thai) woman who started working there, and she came up to me after she began waiting on this large table of (South Asians) to ask me if we had sangria, because a guy wanted it.

So, I said no, but I said we could always offer the people this sake thing, so I walked over to the table and explained it to them, and then got the bottles of the different flavors and showed it to them, and I even ended up selling one.

And, after all of that, the new (recent college graduate) (Thai) worker was like, "What is that beverage, exactly?".

And, I explained it to her that it's like chilled sake, but they mix it with other stuff like carbonated water or whatever, and there's like citrus flavors or fruit flavors in there, too.

"So like a sake White Claw?", she was like.

No comments: