Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Further banter with a (gay) (Brazilian).

Like last month I was chit-chatting with the one (gay) (Brazilian) visiting student who's in STEM, and he started asking me about the ancient culture related to the language that I've been studying pretty intensively over the last few years.

(Incidentally, he's decently into New Age stuff and believes in astrology crystals etc., and when you ask him how he reconciles that with his advanced study of engineering, he says it's just like the saying, "There are more things on heaven and earth...").

Anyhow, "What is their word for 'gay'?", he was like.

So, I was like, "They didn't have one, they lived in perfect harmony with nature, so there were no gay people in their civilization."

And, at that, he just looked at me straight for a second, and then, "Fuck you!", he was like.

No comments: