Saturday, June 10, 2023

Some late-night (South Asian) customers the other day...

 ...at the (Thai) restaurant where I now work:

Like twenty-five minutes till close, three (graduate student?) (South Asian) guys come in and I let them know that the kitchen is closing very, very soon and they should get their order in within two-to-three minutes, and they do, and they eat at a reasonable pace even though it goes a little bit past close, and I clear their plates as they finish and leave the bill, and the one guy who pays for everything leaves *ZERO* on a thirty-something dollar bill, I can see from the receipt on the table, and as they all stand up to go, he taps his glass and asks me for more water. 

Like, what the f*ck, you leave people no money and you still expect them to hop around for you? Like what planet did you just beam the f*ck down from, where you don't understand normal human reciprocity like that and just go and be all demanding, even after your meal is done? Like, how do you think the other person is supposed to react?

. . .

(I gave him a look but did it, so as not to drive away business from the restaurant... After they left, the one owner with the tired face came out front to do something and I told her they left no tip, and she was like, "Really?!")

No comments: