Monday, June 26, 2023

Local cooking competition.

So, in the college town where I now live, there's a monthlong cooking competition across different participating restaurants, where the people who sell the most specially-created new dishes get a special prize, and there's also an audience prize vote for the place with the best new dishes.

So, since the (Thai) restaurant where I now work is taking part, I've been trying to sell the new special dishes with every single table of customers, and I've been telling my coworkers to do the same.

"But how do they know who sell the most?", my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker was like. "If we tell them, we tell them high, then we win."

I also later found out that my (Thai) coworkers were encouraging all our regular customers to scan the tableside QR codes and vote for us, even if they hadn't tried the special new dishes.

And, since people like us so much, they were like, "Yeah, I'll do that," and just going online and voting for us right then and there.

No comments: