Thursday, June 29, 2023

Jokes with 2 (South Asian) (student) customers the other weekday...

...who were in for lunch, after one ordered a beer and it was like 12:25pm when I delivered it:

- (to the beer guy) "If you had ordered that 26 minutes earlier, you would be drinking before noon!"

- (to the other guy, who chuckled slyly after hearing my joke) "Whatever you do, don't take a photo of him and put it on social media, his family will see that he's drinking at this time of day, and they will be very upset."

- (to the other guy, after the first guy said he was paying) "This is what he does after one beer, if he had a second beer, he would pay for the whole restaurant!"

. . .

(They seemed to enjoy my jokes, and the beer guy said he would have a second beer if it was the weekend. Though, on a like $26 bill, the tip was a flat $2, though I am guessing that it's more their [South Asian]-ness, and not their reaction to my humor, which they seemed to genuinely enjoy.)

No comments: