Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Escalating contact with the flirtatious undergrad.

So, like a month ago on a Friday early evening the one (half Indian? half white?) flirtatious with a surprisingly deep voice was in with his friends, and were sitting the four of them up in one of the tables in the front window.

And, I chatted with them a bit and asked them if they had any big plans for the weekend, and one mentioned golf.

And, I filled their water for them, and one of the one guys was like thanks, and I gave one of my standard chit-chat line responses and was like, "No problem, it's important to hydrate," and that same guy just looked at me and was like, "Hydrate or die-drate."

Anyhow, like twenty minutes after that, the table opposite of them left, and since I had to wipe it off and I was in my nice fitting khaki jeans, I made sure to position my backside in the one undergrad's line of sight like five feet away from him in the direction that his face was, and then I reached around far back on the table as I was wiping and got myself into a posture where I stuck it out a little, and I shifted my weight from one cheek to another, but subtly, so if he was watching, he would think it's inadvertent, since it wasn't showy at all, just subtle.

I mean, because, why not?

Like, if you're going to the hot daddy waiter at the (Thai) restaurant on the prairie for someone, you should act like the hot daddy waiter at the (Thai) restaurant on the prairie for someone.

Then, when they paid, they all paid separately and I was the one to run their cards, so I figured out his name and began googling him, rigorously.

And, he's just less than my half my age and isn't even twenty-one yet, and he's in the local business college, and he's (Hasidic Jewish) with a(n Israeli) father.

Like right away I felt bad -- I worked ass for him when it was nearly Shabbat! - but then a bunch of other stuff clicked into place as well, like how the first time he was in for a salad he was asking a lot about substituting fish for shrimp, and how since then when he's been in he's been ordering shrimp or extra shrimp with everything, like adding extra shrimp into some fried rice with chicken in it or whatnot, or getting fried rice with double the shrimp for a small surcharge.

Like, I've met him right when he's in the process of trying out forbidden meats, and he's also overcompensating and moving a lot into that direction, it seems like.

I was texting my one friend with the cat, and she said the Hasidic thing where he was involved a lot in years past might be a conservative Judaism influence from the Israeli father, and "he might not be that into it."

And, I texted her a picture I had ripped from some public Facebook page of him when he was like a senior in high school, and she was like, "He's cute."

The town he's from and his college friends playing golf recreationally also signal money, too.

I've only seen him once since then, and it was a big table on a busy night, and when he ordered he said something about being in there a lot, and "do you put cocaine in the food," which seemed more of a comment for his friends or whatnot, like something someone in a business school would say in front of people, though who knows, maybe he was trying to be the big man and impress me.

It's hard to tell.

No comments: